Please read all terms and conditions for reserving this property. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to the following information, please notify us within 24 hours of receipt at 843-855-5154.
THE __LANDLORD __TENANT IS LICENSED UNDER THE LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA AS A REAL ESTATE LICENSEE.
1. LANDLORD TENANT ACT: This Rental Agreement is governed by the South Carolina Residential Landlord and Tenant Act.
2. TERMS: This Rental Agreement shall commence and end on the dates stated on your confirmation . If there is a discrepancy with dates listed, please notify us immediately. Tenant covenants that upon the termination of this Rental Agreement, or any extension thereof that Tenant will quietly and peaceably deliver up procession of the premises in good order and condition, reasonable wear and tear expected, free of Tenant’s personal property, garbage and other wastes and return all keys to the Landlord.
3. RENT: Tenant agrees to pay 50% of total rental cost at the time of processing their reservation. Tenant agrees to pay balance due on reservation 30 days or more prior to their date of arrival. We reserve the right to process the credit card on file for the balance due. Please be sure to contact us before the due date if you do not wish to use the same credit card for the balance. NOTICE TO TENANT: IF TENANT DOES NOT PAY RENT 30 DAYS PRIOR TO CHECK-IN DATE, LANDLORD CAN TERMINATE THE RENTAL AGREEMENT.
4. TENANT OBLIGATIONS: Tenant agrees to keep the dwelling unit and all parts of the premises that he leases safe and clean. Tenant agrees to be responsible for removal of Tenant’s contagious and hazardous materials. Tenant agrees to comply with the lease and rules and regulations the Landlord may adopt concerning the Tenants use and occupancy of premises; Tenant, or any member of the Tenant’s family, guest or other person under the Tenants control, shall conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb other Tenants and neighbors peaceful enjoyment of the premises. Tenant, or any member of Tenant’s family, guest of other person under the Tenant’s control, shall not engage in or facilitate criminal or drug related activities. Any such violation constitutes a substantial violation of the Lease and a material noncompliance with the Lease is grounds for termination of tenancy and eviction from the premises.
5. ESSENTIAL SERVICES AND APPLIANCES: The Landlord is required to provide essential services; meaning sanitary plumbing or sewer services; electricity; gas, where it is used for heat, hot water, or cooking; running water, and reasonable amounts of hot water and heat, except where the building that includes the dwelling unit is not required by law to be equipped for that purpose, or the dwelling unit is so constructed that heat or hot water is generated by an installation within the exclusive control of the Tenant and supplied by a direct public utility connection.
6. INSURANCE: Tenant shall be responsible for insuring his/her own possessions against fire and other catastrophes. Landlord and Tenant hereby release each other from liability for loss or damage occurring on or to the leased premises of which they are a part of the contents of either thereof, caused by fire or other hazards ordinarily covered by fire and extended coverage insurance policies and each waives all rights of recovery against the other for such loss of damage. Willful misconduct lawfully attributes to either party, whether in whole or in part a contributing cause of the casualty giving rise to the loss or damage, shall not be excused under the foregoing release and waiver. In lieu of a standard security deposit, Oceanfront Guru Rental Vacations offers Vacation Rental Damage Protection for an additional fee of $29.00. A copy of your coverage is available online during your initial booking process.
7. PETS: NO PETS ALLOWED
8. SMOKING: THIS IS A NON-SMOKING PROPERTY. Landlord reserves the right to charge an additional $250.00 fee for any necessary cleaning procedures that must be done to remove smoke odor from the premises.
9. RULES AND REGULATIONS: The common area facilities, if any, such as swimming pool, laundry room, recreational, and other common area facilities, when open and operating, are subject to applicable rules and regulations posted by the Landlord. The Tenant agrees to observe faithfully all rules and regulations that the Landlord has now or may hereafter adopt for the use of the premises. **If you are a tenant staying at Sand Dunes Resort, you will have access to all Sand Dunes Resort amenities EXCEPT THE WATERPARK. If you are a guest at Kingston Plantation, Margate Towers, or any other property at Kingston Plantation, you are permitted to use the hotel specific pools only. There is no access to the on-site water park.
10. MEGANS LAW: The Tenant and Landlord agree that the Property Manager or Real Estate Broker representing Tenant or Landlord and all affiliated agents are not responsible for obtaining or disclosing any information contained in the South Carolina Sex Offender Registry. The Tenant and Landlord agree that no course of action may be brought against Property Manager or Real Estate Broker representing Tenant or Landlord and all affiliated agents for failure to obtain or disclose any information contained in the South Carolina Sex Offender Registry. The Tenant agrees that the Tenant has the sole responsibility to obtain any such information. The Tenant understands that Sex Offender Registry information may be obtained from the local sheriff’s department or other appropriate law enforcement officials.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Lease contains the entire agreement between the parties hereto and all previous negotiations leading thereto and it may be modified only by a dated written agreement signed by both Landlord and Tenant. No surrender of the Premises or of the remainder of the term of this lease shall be valid unless accepted by Landlord in writing. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE WITH REGARD TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT.
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS: For the convenience of the Tenant, the Landlord has equipped the dwelling with house wares and linens. Landlord does NOT provide sundries and toiletry items to include but not limited to paper towels, toilet paper, and detergents (dish, dishwasher and clothing). Tenant shall find a posting of house wares and linens inventory with in the dwelling. Upon Tenants departure, the dwelling will be inventoried by housekeeping. Tenant understands and agrees that he or she shall be held liable for any discrepancies in regards to house wares and linens. Tenant also understands that he or she shall be held liable for any damages to the dwelling contents as well as the dwelling itself. Any and all inventory discrepancies and/or dwelling damages shall be billed to the Tenants credit card which was provided at the time Tenant entered into this binding lease agreement. Landlord reserves the right to charge an additional $100.00 fee for removal of excessive trash.
13. CANCELLATION POLICY: In order for Tenant to receive a full refund less $20.00 (Refund Charge), Landlord requires 30 days notice prior to check in date of reservation cancellation. If Tenant notifies Landlord of reservation cancellation less than 30 days prior to check in, Tenant will forfeit 25% of the reservation total. Tenant will receive a full refund if the property is deemed uninhabitable.
THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT supersedes all prior written or oral arrangements and can be amended only through a written agreement signed by both parties. Provisions of the Rental Agreement shall bind and insure to the benefit of the Landlord and to the Tenant and their respective heirs, successors, and assigns. TENANT AGREES TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS FROM LANDLORD AND THEIR AGENTS.